Energy Efficiency Incentive
We're here and ready to help with your home energy-efficiency improvements.
Get the most out of your energy dollars by making energy-efficient improvements to your home. Our energy experts are here and ready to help. You can receive up to $500 when you make a qualifying energy-efficient improvement to your home, such as HVAC replacement, water heater replacement, attic insulation, air leak sealing, duct sealing, and LED lighting. Resources are available for low-income qualified members to receive energy efficiency improvement incentives through the Energy Assistance Program.
Here's how it works:
- Incentives are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Submitting the incentive request form does not guarantee that an incentive is still available. Members will be informed of incentive availability once we receive the request.
- Members must agree to share information on their experience and participate in focus groups.
- Members must have Cobb EMC electric service at the installation address. This program applies to residential Cobb EMC members living in single-family homes only.
- Incentives are subject to verification.
- Members must submit all relevant forms and supporting materials within 60 days of incentive request approval.
- Members must be current on all Cobb EMC accounts.
- The maximum incentive for this program is $500. The incentive amount will not exceed the total cost of the energy efficiency improvement. No cash back in excess of the cost of the improvement will be allowed.
- Members are eligible for one energy efficiency incentive of up to $500. The incentive amount may be spread among several lower-cost improvements.
- Eligible improvements include water heater replacement, HVAC replacement, attic insulation, air leak sealing, duct sealing, and LED lighting.
- Member must purchase a new improvement for purposes of this program to be eligible for the incentive; pre-existing improvements are not eligible.
- Members can receive a maximum of one of each incentive type in the Energy Network program, even if the member holds multiple Cobb EMC accounts.
- The member is solely responsible for arrangements and results of work performed by contractors assisting with the installation.
The Energy Network program is a member engagement initiative offered by Cobb EMC. Members receive an incentive to help with the purchase and installation costs of an energy improvement for their home. In return, they agree to engage with Cobb EMC through focus groups, surveys, webinars and more.
The program allows members to improve their homes while also allowing Cobb EMC to gain insights into the member experience related to installing and using home energy improvements.
Water heater replacement, HVAC replacement, attic insulation, air leak sealing, duct sealing, and LED lighting all qualify for the energy efficiency incentive program.
No, an energy audit is not required. However, if you would like help determining the best improvement for your home, one of our energy experts can audit your home and recommend the improvements that will make the biggest impact on your energy savings.
No, only new improvements installed within the current year are eligible for the incentive.
After you complete the incentive request form, Cobb EMC will confirm your eligibility and begin processing your incentive. You will receive a bill credit on your account once the paperwork has been completed and approved. Please allow up to one billing cycle for the credit to appear on your bill.