Solar Flower Garden
Welcome to the Solar Flower Garden
We're not your typical garden. We're a unique garden that connects visitors to the environment and sustainability. The Solar Flower Garden at Cobb EMC is a 6,000-square-foot oasis showcasing Smartflowers – solar flowers that produce clean energy, or what we like to call flower power. These energized blooms are saving carbon, supporting solar and brightening our community.
Join us in the garden
The Solar Flower Garden was created as a gathering place for our community. We offer educational opportunities and events, plus admission is free. We're open from dawn until dusk. So, stop by and see us! We're located at Cobb EMC's headquarters. Get directions.
Come visit the garden and take a picture with these iconic blooms. #FLRPWR
The garden offers level 3 DC fast charging for electric vehicles.
After one year of operation, the Smartflowers in the Solar Flower Garden will produce 15,000 kWh of clean energy. This is equivalent to:
We're on a mission
We're a small garden on a big mission: to inspire an appreciation for our environment and show that we're committed to clean energy in our community. Cobb EMC is proud to partner with our friends from Gas South to bring you the Solar Flower Garden. Watch the video below to see our solar flowers in action.
How much power does a Smartflower generate?
On a sunny day, a Smartflower produces up to 2.5 kW. That’s enough power to energize a small home, or cottage, to charge an electric vehicle (depending on the charging needs), or other appliances. Smartflower can produce 4,000-6,400 kWh/year, depending on the amount of sun and location. The average Cobb EMC home uses about 14,000 kWh/year. The Smartflower can produce up to 45% of the average home’s usage.
What makes Smartflowers so smart?
- Sun tracking – Cutting-edge dual-axis tracking technology allows the Smartflower to follow the sun.
- Self-cleaning – Solar modules on a Smartflower clean themselves when the devices opens and closes. This boosts efficiency by as much as 5%.
- Self-cooling – Rear ventilated solar modules help keep the panels cool, boosting efficiency by as much as 10%.
- Built-in safety – Sensors on the Smartflower detect bad weather and alert the flower to fold into a secure position until weather conditions improve. This helps prevent system damage.
- Mobility – Smartflower is a ground mounted, all-in-one solar system which means it’s easier to move than a traditional solar setup.
How does a Smartflower compare to traditional solar panels?
The Smartflower tracks the sun from dawn to dusk, ensuring that its solar panels are always at a 90-degree angle to the sun, optimizing the radiation it receives, unlike most other solar setups. This precise tracking can increase productivity by as much as 40%.
How do I purchase a Smartflower?
Smartflower is an all-in-one solar system that is as versatile as it is beautiful. Innovative technology allows Smartflower to work for anyone – whether a business or homeowner – who wants to show their commitment to renewable energy. To get started visit the Smartflower website.
Have a question or just want to chat with a Cobb EMC member care representative?