Home Energy Efficiency Makeover
Home Energy Efficiency Makeover
Cobb EMC partners with the Cobb Heating and Air Association, Gas South and the Cobb County Water System to give one member* a Home Energy Efficiency Makeover. The makeover shines a light on energy efficiency to show our members how energy improvement projects can lower energy consumption. It also encourages the community to nominate their neighbors whose homes are in need of energy efficient improvements.
To be eligible to win, homeowners must live in a primary residence served by Cobb EMC and the Atlanta Gas Light Co. pipeline system and have natural gas service at their home.
*Do you live in a primary residence served by Cobb EMC? Then you’re a member!
How to nominate a Cobb EMC member
Program nominations begin November 1, 2018 and close January 18, 2019 at 5 p.m.
|Step 1: Fill out the nominator application to nominate a Cobb EMC member. Write a brief description about the family that owns and occupies the property and why you believe the family deserves to win. All entries must be received by January 18, 2019.|
|Step 2: Contact the person you nominated and ask him or her to fill out the required nominee application by January 18, 2019.|
|Step 3: The Home Energy Efficiency Makeover selection committee will select three finalists.|
|Step 4: Homes will be inspected for final selection. Finalists will be contacted by phone or email.|
|Step 5: The selection committee will review the energy audit team’s report and select the winner. The winner will be contacted with the good news!|
- No purchase necessary
- Cobb EMC members age 18 or older who own a home
- Homeowner must live in a primary residence served by Cobb EMC, be on the Atlanta Gas Light Company pipeline system and have natural gas service at their home
- The home must be:
- In need of energy efficiency measures
- A single family dwelling
- Built in or before 1995
- Finalists must agree to make their properties available for on-site inspection
- Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes
- Employees and immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, spouse or a person living in the same household) of Cobb EMC, the Cobb Heating and Air Conditioning Association and Gas South are not eligible for the program
See official rules.
Home Energy Efficiency Makeover measures
Possible makeover measures include but are not limited to the following:
- Two years of free natural gas courtesy of Gas South
- New energy efficient appliances
- Energy efficient lighting
- New HVAC unit and smart thermostat
- Caulking and weather stripping
- Duct sealing
- Water heater
- Attic insulation
- Low-flow faucet adapters, showerheads and toilets
See a list of frequently asked questions.
How the winner is selected
The winner is selected through a comprehensive application screening process aimed at identifying homes that are energy inefficient and can benefit the most from the installation of the energy efficiency measures. The screening process concludes in February, and is performed by representatives of Cobb EMC and the Cobb Heating and Air Association, whose decisions are final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal.
To be eligible to win, homeowners must live in a primary residence served by Cobb EMC, be on the Atlanta Gas Light Co. pipeline system and have natural gas service at their home.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Have a question or just want to chat with a Cobb EMC member care representative?