As we continue to monitor COVID-19 (coronavirus), we are taking steps to protect and assist our members, employees and our community. We’re in this together, and we’re committed to providing you with reliable power — in crisis and beyond.
Assisting our members
- We will return to normal business operations on July 22 and resume disconnects for nonpayment. We're encouraging members to take steps to bring their accounts current. If you're having trouble paying your bill, you can request a payment arrangement or view our resources for payment assistance.
- Our lobby and offices are closed, but we're still here. The drive-thru is open for payments, self-service payment options are available, and the member care team is ready to assist by phone and email.
- We continue to provide the reliable power you depend on, and our crews will respond to all power restoration needs, should they arise.
Supporting our community
- Cobb EMC and the Cobb EMC Community Foundation have collectively given more than $68,000 to support our local community during COVID-19.
- Employees worked to support local organizations who are feeding vulnerable families and seniors in our service area.
- Cobb EMC collected and donated books to civilians who are in quarantine at Dobbins Air Reserve Base and the Clay National Guard Center.
- Members may choose to make an emergency relief donation that will assist non-profits providing critical services in our community.
- Our wholly-owned subsidiary, Gas South, is donating $1 million to support families in our community.
- Cobb EMC launched the Make-A-Mask Challenge to fill the need for personal protective equipment (PPE), help coordinate distribution and give local crafters the opportunity to support essential workers in our community. Want to help fill this need? Sign up today!
Keeping our employees and the public safe
- Cobb EMC has postponed or rescheduled upcoming events for the safety of the public, our members and our employees.
- A thorough sanitization regimen is in place at our offices and we encourage employees to practice good hand washing techniques.
- For the safety of our linemen who may be working in the field, we ask members to remain 10 feet away should they encounter them.
- We continue to follow CDC recommendations for prevention and social distancing.
A Message from the CEO
A message to our members from Peter Heintzelman, Cobb EMC president and CEO.
Have a question or just want to chat with a Cobb EMC member care representative?